Moments


My sister had an oral communications class in a building this semester that also serves as a museum. It's called Wrather, and I came here one day while I was waiting on her to get out of class. I originally planned on coming to the building to sit outside of her classroom, but I ended up walking through the museum instead. The displays highlight a lot of history about Western Kentucky, but they also focus on the past of the university as well. I am a history major, so I think it's safe to say that I definitely found my favorite spot on campus.

I had to spend my birthday in Murray because it fell in the middle of the week this year. I had to attend class that day and be away from my family and friends in Louisville, so I was definitely bummed out about it all. My sister was my roommate this semester, so I did feel a little lucky about the day though. We ended up spending the day together after classes. She took me to get my nails done and we had sushi at Jasmine. I could not have asked for a better day. The only other bummer of the day was that I had to work on homework later that night because I had classes the next morning.
I met Jamie and Sarah in Nashville for a little day trip for my birthday. We walked around downtown, got drinks, took tons of pictures, and we even got to watch a band perform in a bar. That is nothing new, of course. Bands are always performing in bars in Nashville. That's just one of the things that I love about it.


I spent a lot of time in class and working on assignments this semester, but I also spent a majority of my time going on walks around campus with my sister. These walks probably kept me sane under all the pressure of classwork. Our campus is covered with stunning walkways and hidden courtyards, and the buildings are just as beautiful, too. I would often have to beg my sister to come with me on some of these walks because I always wanted to go. Walking to class was never enough for me, and we would usually go on a walk after we had dinner at our dining hall. We would even come out later in the evening when the sun went down. I took breaks between assignments and studying with walks as well. It quickly became one of my favorite things to do around Murray.


I had another English assignment that required me to attend a play on campus. I saw The Life of King Henry V during the Murray State University Shakespeare Festival, and it was presented by the American Shakespeare Center from Staunton, Virginia. The play took place in the early fifteenth century in England. King Henry V had just taken the throne after his father died, and there were tensions in France because Henry had claims and titles to particular parts. The Dauphin of France had sent insulting messages in response to Henry, and Henry decided to invade France as a result. The plot ensues with battle, diplomacy, and even a lot of comedy that had the entire room laughing. I didn't expect to laugh as much as I did, but my sides were hurting at the end of the show. The cast was wonderful, and they performed live music at the beginning of the show and during intermission, too. Additionally, they held a raffle and I ended up winning a poster signed by the entire cast.
My sister and I came home for the weekend to take our mom out for her birthday. My birthday is on March 3rd, and my mom has her birthday ten days after mine! We had dinner and dessert at the Cheesecake Factory, and then we saw 10 Cloverfield Lane. I had to head back to school with Brittney the next day, but we got to give our mom a pretty great birthday before we left.

These are my moments.

Comments